Terms & Privacy
Terms and Conditions
Our standard terms and conditions apply to all advertisements placed with Attain, either in print or online.
1. These conditions shall apply to all advertisements accepted for publication. Any other term of condition proposed shall not be valid unless specifically accepted in writing by the publisher.
2. For the purpose of these terms and conditions, 'advertiser' shall refer to the advertiser, and of its employees or its agent, whichever is the principal.
3. All advertisements are accepted subject to the publisher's approval of the copy and the space being available.
4. The publisher reserves the right to omit or suspend an advertisement at any time and for any reason. If the publisher exercises its right under this clause, any claim on the part of the advertiser for damages or breach of contract shall not be entertained.
5. If the publisher considers it necessary to modify the space or alter the position of any insertion or change the date of publication or make any other alteration, the advertiser will have the right to cancel if the modifications, alterations or changes proposed are unacceptable, unless such alterations are due to circumstances beyond the publisher's control, in which case the advertiser will not have the right to cancel.
6. Every care is taken to avoid mistakes; however the publisher accepts no liability for any errors or omissions or inaccurate copy instructions on the part of third parties or subcontractors. It will not compensate for advertisements which do not comply with the specifications.
7. The advertiser warrants that its advertisement does not contravene any English law not is it in any way illegal or defamatory or an infringement of any other party's rights or an infringement of the British Code of Advertising and Sales Promotion.
8. The advertiser will indemnify the publisher fully in respect of any claim made against the publisher arising from or in relation to the advertisement. The publisher will consult the advertiser as to the way in which such claims are to be handled.
9. Any sums due will be invoiced by the publisher directly to the advertiser and must be paid within 14 days of the invoice date.
10. Charges will be made to the advertiser (a) where reproduction work is involved or (b) where the printer is involved in extra production work arising from acts or omissions of the advertiser; these charges will be at the standard rate of £75 per hour.
11. If an advertiser wishes to cancel or reduce the size of an advertisement, it will be liable for the total cost of the original booking, unless 14 days notice is given before the final artwork deadline.
12. Any discount applied when booking a series of adverts is contingent upon the whole series of bookings. If an advertiser wishes to cancel any adverts in a series, after one or more adverts has already been published, the discount must be repaid to the publisher in full within 14 days of the cancellation.
13. If print-ready artwork, prepared to the correct specification, is not received by the final artwork deadline, the publisher reserves the right to insert what is, in its opinion, the most appropriate copy.
14. An advertiser's property, including, but not limited to artwork, illustrations and copy is held at the owner's risk and should be insured by it against loss or damage from whatever cause. The publisher reserves the right to delete all artwork data which has been in its custody for six months from the date of its most recent appearance.
15. These terms and conditions and any other terms of the contract between the publisher and the advertiser shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
How we use your information
We take our privacy obligations very seriously. The purpose of this document is to outline the type of information Attain holds and how we use any information provided to us.
Attain is a magazine and provider of news and information websites owned and operated by Chapel Studios Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 4350755 whose registered office is at The Old Library, High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh, Gloucestershire, GL56 0AX.
Your personal information
In order to provide some of our services, we require your name, email address and basic contact details, including your telephone number. We collect this when you register for the service, or if you contact us regarding advertising or make an enquiry to us regarding any service provided by Attain. We require this information in order to provide you with information about our services. We only hold these details for this purpose and you can request to stop receiving communications from Attain at any time.
For example, for people who subscribe to our magazine by post, we need to hold their name and address details so we can send the magazine. We may also hold the email and/or telephone number of the person so we can contact them regarding their subscription. We only hold these details for this purpose and you can request to cancel any subscription you receive from Attain at any time.
Similarly, for people who subscribe to our digital services, we need to hold their name and email address. We only hold these details for this purpose and you can request to cancel any digital services subscription you receive from Attain at any time. We do store statistics from our digital services, such as the number of emails delivered, if they are opened and any clicks, using standard internet technologies. Together, this helps us monitor and improve our digital services. We do not share this information outside of Attain.
What we collect
When you visit Attain's websites, we collect standard internet log information. We do this in order to perform analysis on the use of Attain's websites in order to compile aggregated statistics. The cookies we use to gather this information cannot be used to personally identify you. Where we do need to collect personally identifiable information, we clearly highlight this and explain how it will be used. For example, some aspects of your use of Attain's websites will be linked to your user ID which enables us to provide technical support and identify errors with the system. We also do this in order to identify Authorised Users whom we may contact to recommend further use of - or ways to improve use of - Attain's services.
In order to collect log information and enable all the features of Attain's websites to function correctly, we need to store cookies on your browser. You can change your browser settings to block cookies if you wish, but some aspects of the Attain services may not function correctly. You can find out more about cookies at https://www.gov.uk/help/cookies We use the following cookies as part of Attain:
_ga (Developer: Google Analytics; Purpose: Data analytics)
_gid (Developer: Google Analytics; Purpose: Data analytics)
For more information about Google Analytics, please visit: http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html
How we process your data
The Attain websites are hosted using Amazon Web Services (AWS) who provide one of the leading server platforms in the world. All information uploaded to Attain resides on servers in Amazon's EU data centres and access to this information is limited to Attain and our website developers (Chapel Studios Communications Limited). Our data processing providers, including AWS, are not permitted to use nor access your personal information, except for the limited purpose of processing and storing any data as part of the Attain services. Some data processing is carried out using services which are located outside the EEA. By using Attain's services, you accept that your contact information may be transferred outside of the EEA for data processing purposes but, where this happens, the data processing will only be carried out by providers who participate in, and have certified their compliance with, the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework. For more information about the providers we use for data processing, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How we protect your data
We strive to provide a secure environment for your data. We have put in place a combination of security protocols and procedures to safeguard the information stored by Attain. All servers which host the Attain services use SSL certificates to encrypt the flow of traffic between the server and your web browser. Notwithstanding this, we cannot guarantee that personal information uploaded to Attain will be secure due to the nature of the Internet. If we become aware of any unauthorised access or disclosure of data from the Attain services, we will advise you as soon as possible.
How we contact you
In order to keep you informed of changes to the service provided by Attain, we may wish to send you occasional emails. You can opt-out of any email communications at any time by using the link at the bottom of any message.
Access to your data
You may request access to your personal information stored by Attain at any time. Please email email@example.com
Links to other websites
Changes to this Policy
Errors and Corrections
We are very careful to ensure the accuracy of all news stories we publish at Attain. If you have spotted a spelling mistake, a factual error or any other problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please send us as much information as possible, including your involvement/relationship to the story, so we can fully investigate the problem. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We aim to respond to all reports within two working days.
Alternatively, you may write to the Editor at the following address: